Our workshops in Norwich and Cambridge are fully equipped with modern primary and secondary saws allowing us to cut stone blocks direct from the quarries, ready to be worked by our craftsmen.
The masonry work is mainly carried out by hand, as it has been over the centuries, using a mallet and chisel, but where appropriate, we also make use of modern day hand powered tools and lathes.
We are able to produce all types of stonework for the restoration of cathedrals, churches, stately homes and colleges which often involves delicate tracery panels, windows, doorways, copings, columns and balustrades, as well as stone for high specification new build projects.
Our stone is sourced mainly from the limestone quarries of Lincolnshire, Dorset and the West Country and increasingly sandstone from Yorkshire and Cumbria.
We have also used stone from overseas – Caen limestones from Northern France and Carrara marble from Italy.
We pride ourselves on the skills of our employees, stonemasons, and machinests alike, all of whom are time served apprentices, the majority having been trained in our own workshops to very high standards.
- Automated stone cutting
- Recycled water system
- Slurry compactor
- Electric heavy lifting gantries
- Dust extraction
- Turning facilities
For further information or advice please contact
Rob Humphreys (Cambridge) Tel: 01223 812555 E-mail: Rob Humphreys
Keith Oram or Alastair Aitken (Norwich) Tel: 01603 487500 E-mail: Keith Oram / Alastair Aitken
- St Mary's Church, Ponsbourne
- Cromwell Museum, Huntingdon
- James Essex Arch, Madingley Hall, Cambridge
- Queen Ann Summerhouse, Shuttleworth
- Swan Hotel, Bedford
- King’s College, Cambridge
- Royal Anglian Regiment Memorial, Duxford
- Roman Catholic Cathedral, Norwich
- Royal Anglian Regimental Memorial, Duxford
- West Dereham Church, Norfolk
- The Memorial Gardens, Norwich
- Binham Priory
- Gt Yarmouth Town Hall, Norfolk
- Norwich Guildhall, Goal Hill, Norwich
- Hardwick House, Agricultural Hall Plain, Norwich
- St Stephens Church, Norwich
- St Andrews Church, Trowse
- The Church of St Peter Mancroft, Norwich
- Stiffkey Old Hall, Norfolk
- American Cemetery Madingley Cambridge
- St Catherine’s College Cambridge
- Royal Albert Benevolent Society Cambridge
- St Helens Wheathampstead
- Heath Mount School Hertfordshire